Anheuser-Busch Hall, begun in 1995, became the new home of the School of Law in January 1997. The building was formally dedicated on September 26, 1997. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor was the principal speaker at the dedication ceremony. The building, with 175,000 square feet of space, is constructed of Missouri Red Granite in the campus' traditional Collegiate Gothic style. Within the building are several classrooms, library facilities, student computer laboratories, study areas, and faculty offices. The architect for Anheuser-Busch Hall was Hartman-Cox and Associates from Washington, D.C.
The building is named for the Anheuser-Busch Foundation, in recognition of a generous gift to the building fund in honor of Fred L. Kuhlmann. Kuhlmann graduated from both the School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Law at Washington University in 1938. He rose through the ranks at Anheuser-Busch Companies, eventually becoming the vice chairman of the Board of Directors. In 1987, Kuhlmann received the Distinguished Alumni Award from Washington University. During 1990 and 1991 Kuhlmann was the President and Chief Operating Officer of the Saint Louis Cardinals.