The Academy Building is located just across Forest Park Parkway from the Danforth Campus. In 1979, the Army ROTC moved to the Academy Building. The Gateway Battalion has been been at Washington University since its conception in 1919. Since then, it other Saint Louis colleges have been included into the battalion. In 2004, the Army ROTC moved to a new location on North Campus. The Academy Building has also housed various studios for the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts.