Opened in 1964 as Hall “H,” the facility was renamed in 1994 in recognition of a generous bequest by Frank E. Hurd.
The building was originally designed to be a men’s dormitory but now houses both men and women in suite-style living. Hurd is part of the HIG Residential College along with Myers and Hitzeman Houses.
Frank E. Hurd
Born in St. Louis in 1903, Hurd went on to earn a bachelor’s degree in business administration in 1924 from the John M. Olin School of Business. Following World War II, Hurd was a part of the Marshall Plan Group, attempting to bring aid to war damaged western Europe. Hurd died in 1989.