Experience the vibrant array of arts at Washington University.
From world-class professional performances, lectures and exhibitions to concerts, theater, dance, art shows and writing workshops, we are a leading resource for cultural offerings in the St. Louis region and beyond.
EDISON THEATREKEMPER ART MUSEUMASSEMBLY SERIES LECTURESMAPS, DIRECTIONS & PARKINGARTS & HUMANITIES NEWS
Edison Theatre presents a season of varied and acclaimed public performances each year.
The Performing Arts Department in Arts & Sciences features world-class theater, dance and music performances. The Department of Music in Arts & Sciences presents an extensive lineup of public concerts including student, faculty and guest performances.
From the outstanding collection and special exhibitions at the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum, to the numerous galleries and installation spaces around campus, to rigorous and interdisciplinary academic offerings, both casual visitors and dedicated artists will find a host of excellent visual arts resources on campus.
- Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts
- Department of Art History and Archaeology in Arts & Sciences
- Film and Media Studies in Arts & Sciences
For anyone interested in the literary arts, we offer a number of opportunities to engage with instructors and other writers on campus.
Apply to be a part of the intensive and energetic Summer Writers Institute and High School Summer Institute in Writing. Current students can also receive help and develop writing skills at the Writing Center.
- Department of English in Arts & Sciences
- Writing courses in the Department of English
- MFA Program in Creative Writing in Arts & Sciences
- Center for the Humanities
- Certificate in Creative Writing at University College
- Interdisciplinary Program in the Humanities
- The Writing Center