Construction for Jolley Hall began in 1988, and the building was dedicated in June 1990.
Like Bryan Hall, the building was designed by Constantine Michaelides (then dean of the Washington University in St. Louis School of Architecture) and Robert Entzeroth, the same team that designed Lopata Hall in the 1980s.
Harold D. Jolley
Jolley Hall is named for Harold D. Jolley, a native St. Louisan and a 1911 graduate of Washington University School of Engineering & Applied Science. In 1914, Jolley was awarded a professional Master’s degree in civil engineering for his continuing professional development and achievement. He joined Ceco Steel Products Company in 1916, and, after 41 years of advancement through the company ranks, retired Vice President Emeritus. After retirement, Jolley established the Harold D. Jolley Professorship in Civil Engineering. It was his lifelong dream to have an engineering building with his name on it.