The Jeanette Goldfarb Plant Growth Facility, dedicated in 1993, was part of a $3.5 million physical expansion of the Department of Biology in Arts & Sciences.
It contains offices and lab space as well as a fully equipped greenhouse for experimental plant growth and research.
Jeanette Goldfarb earned her Master of Social Work degree from Washington University in St. Louis in 1936. She married Alvin Goldfarb and had three children. While Mr. Goldfarb played a large role in the social spotlight, his wife preferred to support his work while remaining away from the center of attention. Together they made many contributions through the Jewish Federation of St. Louis to the Hillel Foundation and Washington University, and were members of Congregation Shaare Emeth.
Mrs. Goldfarb maintained an interest in plants and gardening until her death in 1992. Because of her interest in plants and the community, Washington University dedicated the Jeanette Goldfarb Plant Growth Facility in her name.